Who doesn’t love a delicious pancake for breakfast or desert? Try Dale’s recipe for some nice healthy pancakes.
- Measuring jug
- 2 x bowls
- Frying pan
Step 1 Ingredients
- 4 Eggs
- 120 ml Almond Milk (or any other milk you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon Natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Honey (plus extra to serve if desired)
Step 2 ingredients
- 100 grams Ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder (aluminium free)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut flour
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- Ghee or coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fresh fruit, lemon juice, coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, and/or any other healthy toppings (as desired)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes, or until frothy. Mix in the milk, vanilla, honey
- Combine the grould almonds, baking powder, coconut flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Grease a large frying pan with a little ghee or coconut oil and place over medium heat. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake and spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be about 5-6cms diameter and quite thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Add some fresh fruit, lemon juice, coconut oil or favourite health toppings and enjoy!
If you don’t use all the mix it can be stored in the fridge overnight and will be good to use the following day.
Share this page via
DISCLAIMER:Primal Fit Habits provides education, guidance and tips on Primal living. No advice, recommendations, or information is intended to be medical advice or a substitute for a diagnosis or treatment that a doctor, licensed dietitian, physical therapist or health care professional might recommend. Always seek personal, specific, professional healthcare advice before making any changes in your diet or exercise routines.