Who doesn’t love a delicious pancake for breakfast or desert? Try Dale’s recipe for some nice healthy pancakes.
- Measuring jug
- 2 x bowls
- Frying pan
Step 1 Ingredients
- 4 Eggs
- 120 ml Almond Milk (or any other milk you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon Natural vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Honey (plus extra to serve if desired)
Step 2 ingredients
- 100 grams Ground almonds
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder (aluminium free)
- 3 tablespoons Coconut flour
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- Ghee or coconut oil (for cooking)
- Fresh fruit, lemon juice, coconut yoghurt, chia seeds, and/or any other healthy toppings (as desired)
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for about 2 minutes, or until frothy. Mix in the milk, vanilla, honey
- Combine the grould almonds, baking powder, coconut flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well
- Grease a large frying pan with a little ghee or coconut oil and place over medium heat. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into the pan for each pancake and spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be about 5-6cms diameter and quite thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Add some fresh fruit, lemon juice, coconut oil or favourite health toppings and enjoy!
Share this page via
DISCLAIMER:Primal Fit Habits provides education, guidance and tips on Primal living. No advice, recommendations, or information is intended to be medical advice or a substitute for a diagnosis or treatment that a doctor, licensed dietitian, physical therapist or health care professional might recommend. Always seek personal, specific, professional healthcare advice before making any changes in your diet or exercise routines.